Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is an extra layer of security used when logging into websites or apps. Individuals are authenticated through more than one required security and validation procedure that only you know or have access to.
Acceptto integrates with Okta via its SAML solution and provides single sign-on (SSO) MFA to ensure the convenience of cloud SSO without its potential security risks.
- An Acceptto Appliance connected to your user directory (for example Microsoft ‘Active Directory™’).
- The user population that is going to be authenticated via SAML must be enrolled in the It’s Me Application.
- A user with administrative privileges for the Okta panel.
- A user with administrative privileges for the Acceptto Appliance.
Configure Okta Identity Providers
- Log in to your Okta instance with a user with administrative privileges. Click the Admin button. Go to Security > Identity Providers.
- Click on Add Identity Provider button.
- Fill the form as the following image and click Update Identity Provider (Download the IdP signature certificate from the Acceptto Appliance admin panel in the next section).
- Expand the arrow, record the information, and copy the SAML metadata link for the next section.
Acceptto SAML Configuration as Identity Provider (IdP)
- Login to the Acceptto Appliance admin panel with an administrative account and go to Applications.
- Create a new application by selecting the Create New Application.
- In the Add Application dialog, enter the following values (Advanced Options button allows additional optional configuration):
- App Name - The application name displayed in the admin panel and application portal. for example, Okta
- Issuer or Entity ID – Copy the URL from the Audience URL from the previous part.
- Sign in URL - The link used by your users to access Okta; for example, https://example.oktapreview.com.
- Metadata URL - Copy the URL from Download Metadata from the previous part.
- Click Save to create the Application.
- Select the Show ID Provider Data and copy the information shown on this page.
Set Acceptto as default Identity Provider
- On the Okta admin page, go to Security > Identity Provider and click on the gear.
- Type Acceptto in Default Identity Provider field and select it. Then, click Save.
Test your setup
- Go to your Okta instance. You will be redirected to the Acceptto SAML page.
- After successful authentication, you’ll see the Acceptto MFA options and need to select your desired method and pass the verification stage on It’sMe mobile app.
- You are now authenticated with Acceptto SSO-MFA and will be redirected to your Okta page.
If you require assistance, please email us at email@example.com
Want to learn more about our MFA solutions? Contact our Professional Services for a Demo today.
All product names, trademarks, and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All company, product, and service names used in this document are for identification purposes only. The use of these names, trademarks, and brands do not constitute an endorsement by the Acceptto Corporation.
Okta is either registered trademarks or trademarks of Okta, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.