Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an extra layer of security used when logging into websites or apps to authenticate users through more than one required security and validation procedure that only they know or have access to. Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) is a protocol for authenticating for web applications. SAML allows federated apps and organizations to communicate and trust one another’s users.
Acceptto™, as a SAML provider, improves the user login experience for ConnectWise Control users with its Intelligent SSO-MFA solution.
An Acceptto account with a configured Identity Provider and LDAP Agent. See this page for instructions.
A user with administrative privileges for ConnectWise Control.
Download the SAML metadata for your organization from Acceptto at
Before you begin, ensure that you have an Administrative user in a location that is not subject to the Acceptto MFA. This user will allow you to login back to your instance if there are any issues with the configuration.
Log into your ConnectWise Control instance and go to Admin > Security. In the User Sources, click on Add User Source.
In the SAML section, click on three dots. Select Enable.
Click again on the three dots, and then click on Generate Metadata. Keep the Metadata for the next section.
Click on the three dots and select Configure.
Fill the blank part with below information :
IDP Metadata URL: Enter the Acceptto Metadata URL you obtained earlier. UserNameAttributeKey: NameID . UserDisplayNameAttributeKey: displayname. EmailAttributeKey: mail. Display Name: Acceptto.
- Click on Save Configuration.
Login to the Acceptto Dashboard with an administrative account and go to Applications.
Create a new application by selecting Create New Application.
In the New Application form, enter the following values under the General tab.
- Name - The application name displayed in the admin panel and application portal and used for push notifications and audit logs (e.g. connectwise-control)
- Type - Select "SAML Service Provider" from the options
- Out of Band Methods - Select the allowed methods for approving MFA requests
- Message for MFA Requests - Enter the user-facing message for Push, SMS, and email MFA requests (optional)
Under the SAML Service Provider Configuration tab, enter the following values:
- Issuer or Entity ID – The Issuer/EntityID of your ConnectWise Control instance, which is in the Metadata file you downloaded in the previous section.
- Sign in URL - The link used by your users to access the ConnectWise Control. (e.g
- Metadata URL - The URL containing metadata about your ConnectWise Control instance, which you downloaded in the previous section. (e.g:
- ACS URL - The ACS URL of your ConnectWise Control instance, which is in the Metadata file.
Open your ConnectWise Control URL in a browser and click on Connect with Acceptto.
You will be redirected to the Acceptto SAML page.
After successful authentication, you’ll see Acceptto’s MFA options. Select your desired method of authentication.
After approving the authentication request, the user will be redirected to the ConnectWise Control console.
If you require assistance, please email us at email@example.com
Want to learn more about our MFA solutions? Contact our Professional Services for a Demo today.
All product names, trademarks, and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All company, product, and service names used in this document are for identification purposes only. The use of these names, trademarks, and brands do not constitute an endorsement by the Acceptto Corporation.