Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) is an extra layer of security used when logging into websites or apps. Individuals are authenticated through more than one required security and validation procedure that only you know or have access to.
RADIUS is a protocol commonly used to authenticate, authorize, and account for user access and actions. Citrix NetScaler™ is an application delivery and load balancing solution that provides a high-quality user experience for your web and cloud-based applications. Acceptto, as a Citrix Ready Partner, offers a simple method for adding MFA to Citrix NetScaler via its RADIUS solution.
- An Acceptto Appliance connected to your user directory (for example Microsoft™ ‘Active Directory™’).
- A user with administrative privileges for the Acceptto Appliance.
- The user population that is going to be authenticated via RADIUS must be enrolled in the It’sMe™ mobile Application.
- A user with administrative privileges for the Netscaler Gateway.
Configure the Acceptto Appliance RADIUS interface
Login to the Acceptto Appliance admin panel with an administrative account, select RADIUS and enter the following values.
NETBIOS domain - enter the NETBIOS domain name.
Assigned Computer Name - Enter the computer name that you want to be created in Active Directory. For example, radius1.
REALM - Enter the realm that is appended to your username. Usually, this is your domain name.
MFA Active Directory Group - Enter the LDAP group that contains the users that can login via MFA (note that by default users outside of this group will have their access denied).
MFA Login message - enter the message that your users are going to see on the It’sMe mobile application.
Radius eGuardian UID - enter the UID of Radius application in your eGuardian Admin Panel.
Radius eGuardian Secret - enter the Secret of Radius application in your eGuardian Admin Panel.
Click on Save Changes.
Configure your Citrix Netscaler Gateway
- Login to your Citrix NetScaler with an administrative account.
- Navigate to NetScaler Gateway > Policies > Authentication and click RADIUS.
- Go to the Servers tab and click Add.
- Fill the fields based on the following table, then click Create.
|**Server Name or IP Address**||The hostname or IP address of the Acceptto Appliance|
|**Port**||The port configured for RADIUS in Acceptto Appliance. Default is 1812|
|**Secret Key**||RADIUS shared key in Acceptto Appliance|
|**Confirm Secret Key**||RADIUS shared key in Acceptto Appliance|
- Navigate to Citrix Gateway > Virtual Servers and click Add.
Fill the fields and click Ok. a
Bind the preferred policy. Then you can login to Netscaler with Radius authentication.
- After binding you can login in Netscaler with Radius authentication.
Test Your Setup
- Go to the Citrix Gateway Virtual Server and enter your credentials.
- You’ll receive a push notification on your It’sMe mobile application and can enter after approval.
If you require assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn more about our MFA solutions? Contact our Professional Services for a Demo today.
All product names, trademarks, and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All company, product, and service names used in this document are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, trademarks, and brands does not constitute endorsement by the Acceptto Corporation.
Citrix, NetScaler, and ‘Netscaler Gateway’ are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Citrix and/or one or more of its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Microsoft and 'Active Directory' are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft and/or one or more of its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.